The mechanics of the real world.
Preparing mechanical engineers to solve challenging technical problems using advanced knowledge in specialized applications of science and mathematics.
Students may choose concentrations in such areas as energy conversion, advanced modeling and simulation, solid mechanics and dynamics, advanced manufacturing, robotics and controls, and biomedical applications.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Interested in diving deeper into an engineering application
- Want to conduct research in the field
- Are a creative problem solver
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Scientist in a national laboratory
- Researcher in industrial research and development
- Engineering project manager
- Teacher or researcher at a university
- Mechanical engineer
- Design engineer
- Test engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Product engineer