**Starting Spring 2022 semester, for any new/transfer students, SDSU will be a “mobile first” campus for student ID’s.
This means that unless a student has an ineligible phone, they will be issued a mobile ID.**
Photo Upload Instructions
Submitting a photo is quick and easy, simply follow these steps after receiving your online photo submission email:
Acceptable Photo Samples
Similar to a passport photo, your photo should be a recent photo taken straight-on against a plain white colored background with eyes looking directly at the camera. The photo is taken from shoulders up with some blank space between the top of the head and top edge of the photo.
Unacceptable Photo Samples
- Must be a recent photo (taken within 1 year).
- The photo must be in color taken against a solid white background.
- Photo must be from the top of shoulders to top of head with some blank space above the head and top edge of the photo (similar to a passport photo).
- Photo must be straight-on and eyes looking directly at the camera (no profile or angled pictures). Feel free to smile!
- This picture is for identification purposes. The picture must clearly identify your person. No hats, sunglasses, camera flash reflections, red-eye, lens flares, filters, animals, props, additional persons, and jewelry or garments that obstruct a clear view of the face.
- JPEG, PNG or GIF format only
Terms and Conditions
Policy on Release of MyJacks Card Credential Digitized Photographs:
- Purpose: The use of any photograph submitted through the MyJacks Card online photo software is only to obtain a new MyJacks Card Credential (ID card). If you are wanting a new picture on your MyJacks Card Credential, the standard replacement fee applies. If incorrect picture is submitted and card is printed, at time of pickup fee will be required to have new card printed with correct picture.
- When a photograph is taken for the issuance of a MyJacks Card Credential, the digitized photo will be stored electronically for identification and security purposes. In addition, the photo may be used for approved internal university business purposes (i.e., class rosters, seating charts, academic advising rosters and business uses that may be approved in the future).
How to submit your photo online:
- Approximately 1 week before your orientation session, students will receive an email from SDSU Card Services.
- Read the email and look over examples of proper photos. Return to the email and click on “upload your photo” link.
- Link will redirect student to MyJacks Card online photo submission page. On this page please submit a photo that follows guidelines given.
- Once photo is approved, your MyJacks Card will be available for download the next business day.
**Do not wait until fall to submit your MyJacks Card Credential photo!
**Remember to bring your valid government issued photo identification card to obtain your physical MyJacks Card. (Either U.S. Driver’s License issued by DMV, Passport or U.S. Military ID Card).
The Campus Card Office reserves the right to reject any photo submitted that is not in compliance with these guidelines. A valid government-issued photo ID is required to receive your physical MyJacks Card.