SDSU faculty, staff and students are eligible to add their MyJacks Card to their mobile device for door access at university buildings, payment at participating campus venues, dining, vending, and laundry machines. With the exception of a few vending machines, your MyJacks Card Credential can be used to access and pay wherever your physical MyJacks Card is accepted.
Tips for using your MyJacks Card Credential on your mobile device:
- Hold the top back side of your device toward the reader. If you have an iPhone later than the 6 or 6 Plus, your card is set to Express Mode. This means you can simply tap your iPhone at a reader without a passcode, Touch ID or Face ID. If you’re prompted for a passcode, tap the code to access your phone. Hold the top of your mobile device or the display of your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the middle of the card reader until you feel a vibration. You'll see Done and a checkmark on the display. Please Note: If you’re using an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, double-click the Home button, then tap your default payment card and select your student ID. Rest your finger on Touch ID to authenticate and hold the top of iPhone 6 or 6 Plus near the contactless reader.
- Your mobile device must be turned on, but it doesn't have to be connected to a network. You don't need to validate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode, and you don't need to wake or unlock your device or open an app.
- To display your MyJacks Card, open Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
- To see your ID number, go to Apple Wallet or Google Pay, tap your MyJacks Card, then tap the three dots (…) in the upper right corner and scroll down to ID#.
- Questions? Review the MyJacks CardFAQ website for more information or contact the Card Services office at email@example.com