Skip to main content

MyJacks Card FAQs

MyJacks Card Credentials Frequently Asked Questions

No. When you come to campus, after you have submitted your photo or had your picture taken, you can then download your mobile MyJacks Card Credential. If your mobile device does work for the mobile ID, you will be issued a physical card.

Flex dollars are your meal plan. Meal plan dollars can only be spent at the dining services locations and any unspent funds are lost after the spring semester. Hobo Dough can be spent at dining services as well as many other locations on and off campus and carries over from semester to semester as long as you are a student.

No. Your meal plan dollars are a separate account from your Hobo Dough. Your meal plan dollars are specifically for Dining Services and can only be spent at those locations. Hobo Dough is your money that can be spent how you choose at participating locations.

Yes, sales tax is charged at all dining services locations whether you use cash or your card.

Hobo Dough can be used on and off campus.

Off-Campus Locations
On-Campus Locations

Yes, as long as you have adequate funds on your Hobo Dough.


Yes, as long as it is a Visa, MasterCard or Discover.

Yes. Checks are made out to Card Services and must have the student's local address and phone number as well as the student ID number written on the check.

No. Once a card has been reprinted the old card number is retired and cannot be reused for security purposes. This prevents someone else finding your card and using it.

Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. except holidays. Online access to your accounts is available 24 hours a day at You can add money, view transactions and freeze your account from online.

No. Hobo Dough is not intended to be used like a bank card with ATM features. We also do not have cash on hand in the card office to give cash back. Once a student leaves school and is no longer a student, they can be refunded any funds over $5.00. A check will be mailed to the student from the SDSU Cashier's Office.

The money put on your account is available immediately.

No. We currently do not have that capability.

No, we do not issue temporary ID cards for students.

No. The ID card is a smart card and has wires throughout the card. Once a hole is punched in the card it will not work and a replacement fee will be charged to get a new one.

Yes. In your app store search "eAccounts Mobile". This app allows you to view your transactions, mark your card lost or found, or add funds to your account. This app also allows you to download your MyJacks Card into the smart wallet on your device.

If you have additional questions, contact the Card Services Office in the University Student Union, email or call 605-688-MYID.