Why is the Summer Bridge Program crucial to your academic success at SDSU?
As a student in the Summer Bridge Program you will:
- Begin college in a more focused environment than in the fall;
- Strengthen your academic skills;
- Meet new friends and develop a peer support network;
- Become familiar with the SDSU campus and its resources; and
- Be more likely to graduate within four years.
If this program looks too good to be true, see what students have said in their own words.
As a Summer Bridge Program student you will have an opportunity to get a head start on your college education during the summer prior to your freshman year at SDState. The Summer Bridge Program takes place from July 25 through August 19, 2021 and is limited to a select group of incoming first-year students. During this time you can complete courses that will provide the foundation for your academic career at SDState. Students in the program will also receive one-on-one advising and participate in study groups and other planned activities.