The TRIO SSS program is designed to help university students achieve academic success. The ultimate goal of our program is to increase the number of students who succeed from semester to semester and who graduate from college. TRIO SSS serves 160 eligible participants at SDSU.
Who We Serve
- First-generation college students (neither parent completed a four-year degree)
- Students who meet income qualifications (following Federal Income Guidelines)
- Students with a disability (documentation needed)
Students who meet one or more of these criteria and who are U.S. citizens (or meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance) are eligible to apply. Students must also demonstrate academic potential and academic need.
- Academic advising, degree planning and course selection assistance
- Career and postgraduate preparation
- Financial aid literacy
- Peer Mentoring
- Skill instruction and student success workshops
- Priority registration
- Service projects and leadership development
Apply for TRIO SSS
To benefit from our services, you must complete a TRIO SSS Application. You can do so by clicking here. (Please note, if either of your parents have received a 4 year degree, you do not need to insert them in the Parent or Parent 2 roles on the following page). After completion of the application, you will be notified via email if you've been accepted within the next week. For more information contact the TRIO office @ 605-688-6653.