Creative Services and Branding serves as the university's brand ambassadors and guardians of SDSU's marks, graphic identity and brand standards; collaborates and consults with various colleges, departments and units to meet design, photography and related needs.
Examples of work from the creative services division include posters, magazine covers, newsletters, brochures, display banners, programs and invitations as well as anything else that our clients request.
State Magazine Spreads
Scripts and Scopes Spreads
Other Design Materials
Strategic Communications provides news service and distribution; manages media relations; maintains the university experts list; creates content across multiple platforms; participates in strategic planning; provides communications support for Imagine 2023 and other institutional initiatives; measures and evaluates results of communications.
- Rhodes scholar: Hattie Seten becomes SDSU's second Rhodes scholar.
- Student of the Year: Concrete testing lands Ted Sjurseth the honor.
- Fourth of July: Alumna sings at national celebration.
- The conductor: Shawn Stemsrud chosen for masterclass.
- Tractors for Africa: SDState alum sends tractors to Africa in hopes of transforming their ag practices.
- Madrigal Feaste: The 16th biennial Elizabethan Madrigal Feaste was a step back in time.
- Out of the Darkness: Michael Orris’ journey to becoming a Jackrabbit was anything but easy.
Web Development serves as a primary marketing and communications medium for the university; functions as a repository of information for multiple audiences, internal and external; fosters best practices and consistency across multiple technologies; presents content in effective, innovative and dynamic ways to enhance the university web presence.
Digital and Social Media
Digital and Social Media include the development, planning and production of marketing, promotional, news and online video projects that describe and promote SDSU. It also includes the use of web-based and mobile technologies to interact with a range of audiences through text, images, video, audio or shared links. UMC serves as the gatekeeper of the university’s social media policies and guides, providing assistance and training to colleges, departments and units seeking a social media platform and presence.
- Rabbit Food (Potential/future student website)
- Day in the Life at SDState (Student vlog)
- SDState on Facebook (Official SDState Facebook account)
- SDState on YouTube (Official SDState YouTube channel)
- SDState on Instagram (Official SDState Instagram account)
- SDState on Twitter (Official SDState Instagram account)