Welcome to University Marketing and Communications
University Marketing and Communications serves as the central communications office for the university. We foster and expand relationships with internal and external audiences and align communications initiatives and messaging with the university's strategic direction and goals.
Marketing and communications functions include:
Provides news service and distribution; manages media relations; maintains the university experts list; creates content across multiple platforms; participates in strategic planning; provides communications support for Imagine 2023 and other institutional initiatives; measures and evaluates results of communications.
Serves as a primary marketing and communications medium for the university; functions as a repository of information for multiple audiences, internal and external; fosters best practices and consistency across multiple technologies; presents content in effective, innovative and dynamic ways to enhance the university's web presence.
Digital and Social Media
Development, planning and production of marketing, promotional, news and online video projects that describe and promote SDState. UMC serves as the gatekeeper of the university’s social media policies and guides, providing assistance and training to colleges, departments and units seeking a social media platform and presence.
Creative Services and Branding
Serves as the university's brand ambassadors and guardians of SDSU's marks, graphic identity and brand standards; collaborates and consults with various colleges, departments and units to meet design, photography and related needs.
Trademarks and Licensing
Manages trademarks; supports vendor relations with the Department of Finance & Business; provides apparel and merchandise evaluations and approvals; and supports increased product placement and innovation.
Coordinates, develops and assesses the university's brand awareness campaign – Be Great. Start Here.® – and supports colleges and departments with marketing initiatives designed to increase value proposition through customer engagement.
Driving Directions to the Communications Center
From 6th Street (East or West):
- 6th Street to Campanile Avenue (formerly 13th Avenue)
- Turn north
- Continue on Campanile Avenue to 4-way stop at 8th Street
- Continue straight (north) through 4-way stop
- Campanile Avenue will turn left and then right – follow through both turns
- After the second turn, the Chicoine Architecture, Mathematics and Engineering Hall will be on your left (West side of the street)
- Communications Center is the next building on the left – tan building
- Turn left at the first parking lot entrance
- Visitor parking is available between the Chicoine Architecture, Mathematics and Engineering Hall and the Communications Center
Street address – 1007 Campanile Ave.