From Baby Boomers to Generation Alpha and beyond, social media has become a place to connect with a variety of audiences and meet them where they are. While free to create, simply having an account does not automatically yield success. Content creation, monitoring, maintenance, and understanding your audience comes with a cost of time and resources and is a long-term commitment.
Think you’re ready to start and maintain an official SDState social media account? Ask yourself these questions:
- What is your audience? Who are you trying to reach?
- What and how often will you post?
- Who will maintain the account and monitor interactions?
- What do you want to accomplish through the social media account?
- Do you have the technology and time to invest in content creation?
Feel confident with your answers? Take a look at our branding guidelines as you begin your account creation, then contact our Digital and Social Media Team to have your account reviewed and learn how to add your account to your university web page.
Have questions? Contact our Digital and Social Media Team.