Conservation Planning and Park Management is an interdisciplinary science that trains students to develop conservation strategies at landscape scales. The Park Administration and Management Specialization prepares students for a career in park management, particularly Federal and state government managed facilities. The courses outlined in this specialization are designed to enhance the human management focus needed for this career track.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Like working with conservation minded people
- Like to be a steward of natural resources
- Consider yourself an advocate for the environment
- Have interest in outdoor recreation
- Enjoy working with people
- Park Manager/Superintendent
- Park Ranger
- Park Planner
- Park Naturalist
- New Program in 2017
- Rangeland Ecology and Management
- Geographic Information Sciences
- Recreation Administration
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.