Pathway to Premier 2030
A Strategic Plan for South Dakota State University, Department of Natural Resource Management
South Dakota State University offers a rich academic experience in an environment of inclusion and access through inspired, student-centered education, creative activities and research, innovation, and engagement that enhances the quality of life in South Dakota, the region, the nation, and the world.
South Dakota State University will be a premier land-grant university recognized for high value, innovation, and bold impact.
- People-Centered: We strive to create a culture where all thrive and are supported on their personal and professional paths toward lifelong learning, growth, and opportunity.
- Creativity: Creativity is our cornerstone to expand knowledge, develop human understanding, and enrich quality of life. We believe that the best academic programs bring innovative teaching and transformative research together.
- Integrity: We act with organizational and personal integrity, through honest interactions, professionalism, transparent and accountable decision-making, and respect for others.
- Diversity: We are committed to diversity of community and ideas. We believe in a supportive, inclusive, collaborative, and cohesive environment with a focus on access and opportunity for all. We actively seek collaboration, and we respect individuals with differing perspectives, backgrounds, and areas of expertise.
- Excellence: Excellence is achieved through continuous improvement, assessment, and accountability. We embrace bold action and adapt to an ever-changing world. Individually, we are experts at what we do. Collectively, our impact is even stronger.
Goals & Strategies
- Achieve Excellence through Transformative Education
- Cultivate and Strengthen Community Engagement
- Foster Innovation and Increase Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity
- Be a Growing, High-Performing and Healthy University