Advocate for agriculture.
Agriculture communication graduates have a broad understanding of global challenges and issues related to food systems and agriculture and the ability to communicate these topics through their journalism training. They hold a wide variety of communications related positions in agribusiness, advertising, marketing, news media, and public relations.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Are involved in 4-H, FFA, or other agricultural activities
- Demonstrate strong written or oral communication skills
- Are passionate about educating the public and advocating for agriculture
- Express yourself in a creative or artistic manner
- Interested in advertising, public relations, graphic design, or social media
- Marketing and communications
- Social Media and Public Relations specialist
- Advertising agencies
- John Deere
- Paulson Advertising
- BEEF magazine
- Accelerated Genetics
- Certified Angus Beef
- South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum
- American Simmental Association
- Minnesota Holstein Association
- University of Minnesota 4-H Extension
- Graphic Design
- Swine Science
- Animal Science
- Agricultural Business
- Social Media
- Communication Studies
Clubs and Organizations
- Ag Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT)
- Collegiate 4-H
- Little International
- Ag-Bio Ambassadors
- Agriculture Future of America (AFA)
To learn more specific details about program requirements, view this program in the course catalog.
View the recommended academic plan.
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.