Advocate for agriculture.
Agriculture communication graduates have a broad understanding of global challenges and issues related to food systems and agriculture and the ability to communicate these topics through their journalism training. They hold a wide variety of communications related positions in agribusiness, advertising, marketing, news media, and public relations.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Are involved in 4-H, FFA, or other agricultural activities
- Demonstrate strong written or oral communication skills
- Are passionate about educating the public and advocating for agriculture
- Express yourself in a creative or artistic manner
- Interested in advertising, public relations, graphic design, or social media
- Marketing and communications
- Social Media and Public Relations specialist
- Advertising agencies
- John Deere
- Paulson Advertising
- BEEF magazine
- Accelerated Genetics
- Certified Angus Beef
- South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum
- American Simmental Association
- Minnesota Holstein Association
- University of Minnesota 4-H Extension
- Graphic Design
- Swine Science
- Animal Science
- Agricultural Business
- Social Media
- Speech Communication
Clubs and Organizations
- Ag Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT)
- Collegiate 4-H
- Little International
- Ag-Bio Ambassadors
- Agriculture Future of America (AFA)
To learn more specific details about program requirements, view this program in the course catalog.
View the recommended academic plan.
Discover additional career development resources. FOCUS 2 is an online tool that will empower students to make informed decisions about their major, education and career. SDSU students may access it 24/7 and use it on an ongoing basis while at SDSU.