Advocate for agriculture.
Agriculture communication graduates have a broad understanding of global challenges and issues related to food systems and agriculture and the ability to communicate these topics through their journalism training. They hold a wide variety of communications related positions in agribusiness, advertising, marketing, news media, and public relations.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Are involved in 4-H, FFA, or other agricultural activities
- Demonstrate strong written or oral communication skills
- Are passionate about educating the public and advocating for agriculture
- Express yourself in a creative or artistic manner
- Interested in advertising, public relations, graphic design, or social media
- Marketing and communications
- Social Media and Public Relations specialist
- Advertising agencies
- John Deere
- Paulson Advertising
- BEEF magazine
- Accelerated Genetics
- Certified Angus Beef
- South Dakota Agricultural Heritage Museum
- American Simmental Association
- Minnesota Holstein Association
- University of Minnesota 4-H Extension
- Animal Science
- Agricultural Business
- Digital and Social Media
- Communication Studies
Clubs and Organizations
- Ag Communicators of Tomorrow (ACT)
- Collegiate 4-H
- Little International
- Ag-Bio Ambassadors
- Agriculture Future of America (AFA)
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.