Customized. Convenient. Comprehensive.
Need flexibility? Want online courses with just as much depth and instructor interaction as in-person classes? Consider the ACEJMC-accredited Master of Mass Communication.
Accessible 24/7 and affordable, our M.M.C. program provides personalized learning experiences and world-class instruction from award-winning faculty. Coursework and capstone projects enhance professional development, positioning our graduates for advancement and/or placement in journalism, advertising, public relations, marketing, business, higher education and other fields.
Recognized multiple times as SDSU’s outstanding online program, the M.M.C. also regularly appears in top rankings of online master’s degrees.
School of Communication and Journalism Fast Facts
Number of Students
For-Credit Internships Each Year
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Feel comfortable with self-directed learning
- Seek new knowledge and skills for career development
- Possess strong communication, writing and critical thinking skills
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Enjoy creative, adaptable approaches to assignments
- Content editor
- Writer, columnist or blogger
- Digital producer
- Social media manager
- Mass communication educator
- Account executive
- Public information officer
- Communications director
- Marketing director