- Brookings Main Campus
Dairy – Farm to Table
Dairy science is an application of the sciences, engineering and technology, and business for the study of milk production and processing. Dairy Production is the study of production of milk, management of the farm, feeding, breeding and herd health. Dairy Manufacturing is the study of processing and merchandising of milk and milk products. SDSU is unique nationwide in that it offers programs that cover the dairy industry from the farm to product. The Dairy Industry Minor is designed to provide students the knowledge and skills in both the farm and product aspect and thereby enhance their employment opportunities. This will enable employment opportunities in a growing industry. Students will be able to select elective courses based on their interests.
- Agricultural Business (B.S.)
- Agricultural Science (B.S.)
- Animal Science (B.S.) – Industry Relations Specialization
- Animal Science (B.S.) - Production Management Specialization
- Animal Science (B.S.) - Science Specialization
- Agricultural Education, Communication & Leadership (B.S.) - Agricultural Education Specialization
- Agricultural Education, Communication & Leadership (B.S.) - Communication Specialization
- Agricultural Education, Communication & Leadership (B.S.) - Leadership Specialization
- Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering (B.S.)
Undecided or still deciding on a major and future career?
If you are uncertain about your major and have questions about career planning, you are not alone. Choosing a major or career can be a very difficult decision. The Exploratory Studies program may be a good fit if you are unsure of your major and career focus. Entering the university in the Exploratory Studies program will help you gain confidence and valuable insights on majors and minors available at SDSU and future career choices.
In addition, FOCUS 2 Career, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you reflect on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills to provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 Career by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 Career, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.