Innovation. Excellence. Results.
Choice matters. When it comes to athletic training education, the reputation of South Dakota State University speaks volumes. Our faculty and preceptors are driven to prepare engaged practitioners and contemporary leaders in athletic training. If you are looking for a quality program that places your individual goals at the heart of our mission, you've come to the right place.
- Low student-teacher ratio = highly individualized educational experience.
- Opportunities to be involved in every aspect of the athletic training profession including patient care, research and professional and community service.
Access and Affordability:
- The Athletic Training program maintains both an early assurance 5-year accelerated track and a traditional 6-year track to degree completion.
- In addition to providing low tuition rates, the MSAT program is a part of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE), a conglomerate of 15 states that provide resident tuition to students from each of the member states.
- First-time BOC Pass Rate that is well above the National Average.
- Nearly 100% job placement rate! Alumni of the program work around the world as education program directors and faculty members, research program coordinators and clinicians in a wide array of settings from high school, college and professional sports to hospitals and sports medicine clinics. Check out our Alumni Map which shows a small sample of where graduates from our athletic training program now work!
Diverse and Innovative Curriculum:
- Contemporary coursework that fosters critical thinking and stimulates a desire for life-long learning.
- Classroom and clinical structure that maximizes student learning.
- Authentic immersive experiences in a variety of clinical settings including but not limited to rural and urban high schools, colleges, sports medicine clinics and professional sports.
Outstanding Faculty and Preceptors:
- Award-winning, engaging faculty and preceptors who embrace their role as advisors and mentors and are dedicated to helping students achieve their career goals.