- Brookings Main Campus
PREVENT. DIAGNOSE. RETURN. Healthcare for sport and life.
Athletic Trainers specialize in preventing, diagnosing, and treating injuries and illnesses in athletes and the physically active population. Many athletic trainers work in educational settings, such as colleges, universities, elementary schools, and secondary schools. Others work in hospitals, fitness centers, physicians’ offices, or for professional sports teams. A master’s degree and successful completion of a national board examination are required to practice athletic training. Athletic Training is recognized as a licensed healthcare profession in 49 of the 50 United States.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy physical activity and sports
- Enjoy science and healthcare
- Desire to help people and collaborate with others
- Possess strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Secondary Schools
- Colleges and Universities
- Professional Sports
- Sports Medicine Clinics
- Industry and Corporate Settings