- Brookings Main Campus
Prepare for real-life leadership.
Prepare for real-life leadership experiences, both on-campus and in larger global communities. The Leadership minor is an interdisciplinary and multi-dimensional program that allows students to explore and experience multiple frameworks of leadership. Leadership development will relate to student aspirations as they transition from the on-campus extracurricular services to professions, communities, and public and private organizations. Acquire skills and abilities to serve as a competent leader as you transition to life after graduation.
- Advertising (B.A./B.S.)
- Aviation (B.S.) - Aviation Education Specialization
- Aviation (B.S.) - Aviation Maintenance Management Specialization
- Biology (B.S.) - Secondary Education Specialization
- Communication Studies (B.A./B.S.) - Speech Education Specialization
- Computer Science (B.S.)
- Consumer Affairs (B.S.) - Family Financial Management Specialization
- Dairy Manufacturing (B.S.)
- Dairy Production (B.S.)
- Electronics Engineering Technology (B.S.)
- Fashion Studies & Retail Merchandising (B.S.)
- French Studies (B.A.)
- Graphic Design (B.F.A.)
- Hospitality, Tourism, & Event Management (B.S.)
- Human Biology (B.S.)
- Music (B.A.) - Music Studies Specialization
- Nutrition & Dietetics (B.S.)
- Political Science (B.A./B.S.)
- Sport & Recreation Management (B.S.)
Undecided or still deciding on a major and future career?
If you are uncertain about your major and have questions about career planning, you are not alone. Choosing a major or career can be a very difficult decision. The Exploratory Studies program may be a good fit if you are unsure of your major and career focus. Entering the university in the Exploratory Studies program will help you gain confidence and valuable insights on majors and minors available at SDSU and future career choices.
In addition, FOCUS 2 Career, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you reflect on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills to provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 Career by using their student email and password. After completing FOCUS 2 Career, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a Career Coach in the Office of Career Development.