Costs Associated with the Athletic Training Program
In addition to tuition and mandatory fees, students in the athletic training program are required to pay the following additional fees:
- a Graduate School application fee ($35.00)
- a one-time fee for a background check (approximately $75.00)
- a Health and Wellness discipline fee of $20.00 per credit hour
- a clothing fee to include name tags (approximately $100.00)
- all costs associated with travel to clinical experience sites
*Students who do not have current Emergency Cardiac Care certification upon entrance to the program will complete ECC training on campus prior to beginning any clinical experience coursework. Cost of this training is approximately $50.00.
Athletic Training Scholarships
The athletic training program offers (7) scholarships that are available to students who have completed their first year in the program and are preparing to begin the second year. These scholarships (up to 7 students) are awarded based on cumulative grade point average from the first two terms in the program. If the eligible class exceeds 7 students, the following scholarship awarding procedures will be followed:
Interested students will submit an essay (not to exceed 2 pages) that addresses the following qualifications as they relate to the program's mission and vision:
- Intellectual ability/academic achievement
- Classroom and clinical engagement
- Professional development
- Future plans in athletic training
Submitted essays will go through a blind review by a select group of faculty and preceptors with scholarships being awarded to the top scoring candidates.