Young Hall is a co-ed residence hall on the east side of campus built in 1969. It houses 490 residents.
Young Hall was named after Gertrude S. Young. She was a Distinguished Teacher of History at SDSU from 1907 until 1943. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1906 and in 1907 was named an Instructor of the Preparatory School on campus. In 1914 she became an Assistant Professor of History at SDSU and in 1924 was named an Associate Professor.
Physical Address:947 Jackrabbit Ave.
Brookings, SD 57007