Connected by a hallway to the north side of Bailey Rotunda, Wagner Hall serves as headquarters for the Colleges of Nursing, Education and Human Sciences, and College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. It is a combination of offices, classrooms, and labs.
Robert T. and Mary K. Wagner Hall was renamed in recognition of the Wagners’ years of service to the University and the state of South Dakota at a May 6, 2010, dedication. Robert Wagner taught countless numbers of students at SDSU in his popular Marriage 250 class, and served as vice president for academic affairs before becoming the seventeenth president of SDSU on April 4, 1985, serving until December 31, 1997. He earned his doctorate in sociology from SDSU in 1972. Mary K. (Mumford) Wagner began a political career in 1975, serving on the Brookings School Board. She earned her doctorate from SDSU in 1978. She was later elected to six terms in the South Dakota State Legislature. She joined the SDSU rural sociology faculty in 1990 and retired as an assistant professor in 1996. Originally known as the HEN (home economics and nursing) House and then NFA (Nursing, Fine Arts, and Arts and Sciences), the building and the Bailey Rotunda were built in 1969 in tandem at a cost of $2.7 million.
Physical Address:1060 Campanile Ave.
Brookings, SD 57007