The library holds nearly a million bound volumes, periodicals and microfilms and provides computer access to 500 other research libraries throughout the country. The library was built in 1977 for 3.85 million.
The H.M. Briggs Library is named for the University’s longest serving president, Hilton M. Briggs. Briggs served 17 years as president from June 4, 1958 to July 1, 1975 overseeing the most extensive expansion of the campus to date. Fifty-five percent of all the buildings on the campus at the time of his retirement were built during his tenure as president. On July 1, 1964, under his leadership, the South Dakota State Legislature granted South Dakota State College university status.
Physical Address:1300 North Campus Dr.
Brookings, SD 57007