Four distinctive columns with ornate tops create a distinctive focal point at Wecota's double front doors that was built in 1915. Wecota signifies the second maiden in an Indian family.
This was the second women's dormitory built on campus. The U.S. Department of Interior on May 7, 1980 added both Wenona and Wecota to the National Register of Historic Places.
Sioux Falls architect John J. Scwartz designed the building. Wecota Hall was built in 1915 at a cost of $75,000. The annex was constructed in 1940.
Both Wenona and Wecota are fine examples of the neoclassical style and significant for their representation of early 20th century academic architecture in a campus setting.
Physical Address:1101 Medary Ave.
Brookings, SD 57007