Stanley J. Marshall Center houses offices for most of the Athletic Department as well as First Bank & Trust Arena and the university's swimming pool.
Ground was broken Sept. 22, 1970, for the center with a cornerstone placed by Gov. Richard Kneip Oct. 2, 1971. It opened in late January 1973 with the first basketball game Feb. 2, 1973. The NCAA Division II national wrestling tournament was held there in March 1973. Total construction cost was $3,685,000. The center is named for Stan Marshall, athletic director from 1965 to 1980 and a national leader in the field.
The swimming pool is a six-lane competition pool stretching 25 yards long with a diving well allowing for one- and three-meter competitions.
Physical Address:1165 Jackrabbit Ave.
Brookings, SD 57007