The Plant Science Laboratories building houses an important portion of the plant research conducted on campus.
Located behind the Plant Science Building, these six greenhouses were dedicated Feb. 8, 2003, after a $1-million renovation funded entirely by donations from individuals, companies, and industry groups. Each of the greenhouses is divided into two compartments, and one greenhouse is dedicated to teaching. In the renovation, the main steel frames and concrete were left in place, but the glass was replaced and the interiors completely remodeled. New vents and cooling systems were added with climate control now being computerized. Sealing was done to keep out birds, bugs and rodents.
Physical Address:1210 North Campus Dr.
Brookings, SD 57007