The Equine Teaching Facility is located west of Medary Avenue and across from the Animal Science Arena. The unit consists of three primary structures — a riding arena and two livestock barns, as well as pastures.
The riding arena is in a metal building at the south end of the unit. The original 1925 building, with brick construction and a gambrel roof, has 17 stalls. A smaller metal building to the north has nine stalls. Pens to the west, north, and east of the buildings provide spaces for horses to exercise and socialize with friends. At the far north end, near the rodeo grounds, is an older three-sided building which provides storage for hay. Draft horses were the main attraction until the 1950s, when the American Quarter Horse was integrated into the program because of its versatility.