Binnewies Hall is a co-ed residence hall on the east side of campus built in 1969. It is connected by Larson Commons to Young Hall. Binnewies houses 490 residents in its eight building wings.
Named after Edward Ralph Binnewies, former chemistry professor and director of student affairs as well as a member of the first Hobo Day Committee. Edward came to SDSU as a student in 1909 and graduated with a degree in chemistry and education in 1913. He obtained a Master of Science degree here in 1915, while at the same time serving as a laboratory instructor. He became an instructor in Chemistry in 1916 and was named an associate professor in 1923. In 1944, while continuing his teaching, he also became acting Director of Student Affairs and two years later was named Professor of Chemistry and Director of Student Affairs. In 1953, he was named Professor Emeritus and director emeritus and continued to serve the university until his death in 1964.
Physical Address:861 Jackrabbit Ave.
Brookings, SD 57007