- The Executive Vice President for Administration provides leadership and supervision for the support, service, and administrative units on campus. This collection is composed of a file dealing with the strategic plan of South Dakota State University in 1987-1989 and an open house invitation for Vice President Mike Reger's retirement.
- The Administrative Council discussed questions of administration or policy brought forth by the president, or to discuss any other questions brought up the any council member. The collection consists of minutes of the meetings and some correspondence of both the Administrative Council and its predecessor, the Council of Deans.
- The Office of Admissions deals with enrollment, and admission and transfer evaluation. The collection is composed mainly of promotional material sent to prospective students. Also included is material related to orientation for new students.
- The collection consists of aerial photographs of western South Dakota, particularly around the Black Hills area.
- Alfred G. Trump, Jr (1907-1994) was the head librarian at South Dakota State College in 1948 and was named director of its libraries in 1959. He held this position until his retirement in 1972. He continued as its archivist emeritus until 1977 and was also instrumental in the logistical challenges of its move of from Lincoln Library to the Hilton M. Briggs Library in 1977. The papers consist mostly of materials related to Trump’s retirement from the South Dakota State University Library, including scrapbooks and programs. Other items in the collection include certificates and plaques.
South Dakota State University Archives & Special Collections contains the university archives, as well as material related to South Dakota history and life. These two general collection areas include manuscript and archival materials, books, serials, audiovisual materials, and photographs. We also house the Senator Thomas A. Daschle Congressional Papers and the Senator Thomas A. Daschle Congressional Research Study. Collections are accessible on the upper level of Hilton M. Briggs Library on the campus of South Dakota State University.
Explore our Collections
Correspondence, records, photographs, audiotapes, videotapes and other materials covering Senator Tom Daschle's professional life.
Records having permanent historical value to South Dakota State University, including administrative records, departmental and student group records, faculty papers, publications.
Papers, records, and published materials of South Dakota and alumni authors and primarily focused on twentieth century rural South Dakota.
Historical material about the Brookings, SD area. The George & Evelyn Norby Collection makes up the majority of this collection and includes newspapers and photographs of local interest, telephone directories, and area business promotional materials.
SDSU's open access institutional repository has the goal of collecting, preserving, and disseminating the intellectual and creative output of SDSU faculty, staff, and students while supporting the ongoing mission of South Dakota State as a land-grant university.
Prairie Striders Running Club Library
The Prairie Striders Running Club Library includes 636 volumes of books, about 5,000 periodicals and newsletters, and has the results of 16 annual races.
Jim Koch Amateur Wrestling Collection
Jim Koch Amateur Wrestling Collection - Coming Soon!