Make a lasting impact on the world.
Architecture is a mediated practice that combines story-telling and “know how”. We analyze situations. We imagine built environments. We specify and construct our imaginations of our client’s desires.
Architecture is part design, part engineering, part sociology, part management, and 100% about technology. We are the “conductors” of the orchestra shaping the built environment. An architect is responsible to our client’s needs in the future, the history of our discipline, and the public good for the present.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Like telling stories and being persuasive
- Are imaginative and curious about how things are made
- Like making things
- Learn better when studying as a team
- Are interested in the future of our communities
- Architect (w/ completed professional M.Arch. degree)
- City Manager / Municipal Official
- Architectural Technician
- Historic Preservation
- City Planner
- JLG Architects
- Architecture Inc.
- Perspective Inc.
- Koch Hazard
- TSP, Inc.
- Graphic Design
- Art History
- Geographic Information Sciences
- Professional Writing
Clubs and Organizations
- American Institute of Architecture Students
- National Organization of Minority Architecture Students
- Tau Sigma Delta
- DoArch Student Advisory Board
To learn more specific details about program requirements, view this program in the course catalog.
View the recommended academic plan.
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.