- Brookings Main Campus
Build your future.
The Construction Management program prepares you to manage projects in commercial, heavy-highway-utilities and residential construction. Materials, building methods, estimating, scheduling, project management, contracts and safety are taught by our industry-prepared faculty. You will be prepared to manage and lead in a promising career in construction.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have solid communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Can make decisions under pressure
- Enjoy working with a variety of people
- Are able to see the big picture and work toward achieving goals
- Project scheduler
- Project development manager
- Site supervisor
- Project lead
- Puetz Corporation
- A-G-E Corporation
- Journey (Sioux Falls) Construction
- Hensel Phelps
- Henry Carlson Construction
- Placement with contractors all over the U.S.
Suggested Dual Majors
Clubs and Organizations
- National Association of Home Builders, Student Chapter
- Construction Management Club
- Associated General Contractors
- Habitat for Humanity
Undecided or still deciding on a major and future career?
If you are uncertain about your major and have questions about career planning, you are not alone. Choosing a major or career can be a very difficult decision. The Exploratory Studies program may be a good fit if you are unsure of your major and career focus. Entering the university in the Exploratory Studies program will help you gain confidence and valuable insights on majors and minors available at SDSU and future career choices.
In addition, FOCUS 2 Career, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you reflect on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills to provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 Career by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 Career, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.