The Construction Management program prepares you to manage projects in commercial, heavy-highway-utilities, and residential construction. Materials, building methods, estimating, scheduling, project management, contracts and safety are taught by our industry-prepared faculty. You will be prepared to manage and lead in a promising career in construction.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have solid communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Can make decisions under pressure
- Enjoy working with a variety of people
- Are able to see the big picture and work toward achieving goals
- Project scheduler
- Project development manager
- Site supervisor
- Project lead
- Puetz Corporation
- A-G-E Corporation
- Journey (Sioux Falls) Construction
- Henry Carlson Construction
- Placement with contractors all over the U.S.
- Workplace Intercultural Competence
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Heavy-Highway Construction
- Legal Studies
Clubs and Organizations
- National Association of Home Builders, Student Chapter
- Construction Management Club
- Associated General Contractors
- Habitat for Humanity
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.