Great Plains IDEA
The Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA) is a partnership of 20 public universities that provide access to high-quality educational opportunities. Each university brings a unique strength to the multi-institution academic programs. Online undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs are collaboratively developed and delivered.
As a Great Plains IDEA student, you apply and are admitted to one university, which becomes your home institution. Enroll and pay tuition at your home institution; but your courses are taught by faculty from each of the partner institutions. In a given semester, you may take courses from faculty at multiple institutions. These online courses are taught by the best faculty in the discipline from several universities.
For more info, visit https://www.gpidea.org/
Explore programs offered through Great Plains IDEA.
- Human Sciences - Family and Community Services
- Human Sciences - Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Human Sciences - Family Financial Planning
- Human Sciences - Merchandising
- Sociology - Community Development
- Animal Science (Graduate)
- Agriculture and Environmental Law (Undergraduate)
- Financial and Housing Counseling (Graduate)
- Family Financial Planning (Graduate)
- Grassland Management (Graduate)
- Merchandising (Graduate)
- Swine Science (Undergraduate)
Advance your rank.
The Military Academic Advancement Program (MAAP), an initiative of Great Plains IDEA, provides education for careers that fit military spouses, veterans, military service members and civilian professionals serving the military community.
Grow in agricultural fields.
AG*IDEA, an affiliate of the Great Plains IDEA, is a national consortium of universities offering programs and courses in agriculture disciplines. Fully-online degrees, certificates and courses.