EET Program Faculty: Byron Garry, Robert Miller. Lab Manager: Barbara Fourney.
For transfers and related program information, please contact Byron Garry to set up a tour or evaluate materials.
The Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) is an applied technology program that will prepare you for a successful career in a variety of industry sectors. You can work in manufacturing, service organizations (education-healthcare-government) or start your own business.
If you are wondering how the EET program fits with your future plans, check out this great video that explains the different career paths for individuals with degrees in ET, EET and EE within one company.
The Electronics Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Outcomes (PEOs)
Our Electronics Engineering Technology graduates will become professionals who:
- Achieve positions of increasing responsibility or leadership with employers, professional organizations, or civic organizations as an indicator of professional competence, demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and successfully function in team environments;
- Apply principles of mathematics, science and management and use appropriate technology to solve current and future problems in the field of electronics technology; and
- Complete licensure, certification, short courses, workshops and/or advanced degrees to be effective technical managers in the global business environment.
EET graduates possess:
- an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering and technology to solve broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to design systems, components or processes meeting specified needs for broadly-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline;
- an ability to apply written, oral and graphical communication in broadly-defined technical and non-technical environments; and
- an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results to improve processes; and
- an ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team.