Your Technical Future
This Engineering Technology program is a 2-year degree designed for individuals desiring a degree to start their career in industry. Focused on manufacturing and related industry sectors, the AS-ET is built around a technical core of topics in basic electronic systems, engineering graphics, materials, and quality. Graduates are prepared for entry-level positions such as production team lead, procurement, product sales, or scheduler.
The program is offered at the Community College of Sioux Falls in addition to the SDSU campus in Brookings. Courses are a mix of on campus and online delivery and most of the general education requirements can be completed online. Once completing the A.S.E.T. degree, students may choose to continue on for a B.S. degree in Operations Management or Electronics Engineering Technology.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Are a critical thinker and like problem solving
- Can make decisions under pressure
- Can communicate verbally and in writing
- Enjoy working with a variety of people
- Are able to see the big picture and work toward achieving goals
- Production scheduler
- Maintenance planner
- Product testing and development
- Technical operations
- Quality control
- Product sales
- Team lead
- New program