The Electronics Engineering Technology program will prepare you to enter the fast paced electronics and product development field. Our program uses lab work and student projects to provide the practical, hands-on experience employers want. You will learn how electronic devices work, power distribution, PLCs, controls, circuit boards, and how to manage projects.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an inquisitive mind and are curious about how things work
- Are a creative problem solver
- Have good communication skills
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Enjoy working with computers and technology
- Test engineer tech
- Process technician
- Systems manager
- IT sales
- Service Center tech
- Western Area Power
- Visual Engineering
- Swiftel Communication
- Entrepreneurial Studies
Clubs and Organizations
- Society for Electronics Engineering Technology (SEET)
- Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.