- Brookings Main Campus
A Concrete Career Path
Graduates of the Concrete Industry Management program will fill the growing demand for technical managers in pre-stressed concrete product manufacturing, ready-mix sales and marketing, and supply chain management for regional concrete producers. The Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program has been developed by and is supported by the Regional Patrons Group representing SD, ND, MN, IA, NE, WI, IL, MI, and MO – a region that has high demand for graduates of CIM programs. As you progress through the program, you will be able to earn two American Concrete Industry technical certifications, a Management or Marketing minor, and participate in paid internships with potential future employers.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have solid communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Can make decisions under pressure
- Enjoy working with a variety of people
- Are able to see the big picture and work toward achieving goals
- Building /construction inspector
- Concrete specialist
- General contractor
- Marketing representative for concrete industry
- Manufacturer’s field representative
- Production/Plant manager
- Project manager
- Purchasing manager
- Technical sales representative
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.