Breathe life into your career.
Breathing is a privilege many of us may take for granted. However, those with cardiopulmonary diseases know just how hard breathing can be. At SDSU, you can become a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and help patients manage their breathing obstacles. To better fit your schedule, you can complete your program in either Sioux Falls or Rapid City, South Dakota.
Students in the SDSU Respiratory Care program are exposed to advanced technology and the latest respiratory equipment, to include:
- Blood analyzing machines
- Medical charting systems
Students will develop skills and master concepts in:
- Patient assessment
- Neo-natal care
- Hemodynamic analysis
- Ventilator Management
- Emergency and trauma
- Pulmonary diagnostic testing
- Disease management
- Respiratory pharmacology
The SDSU Respiratory Care Program offers associate and baccalaureate respiratory care degrees, to prepare graduates with demonstrated competence in the cognitive, psychomotor, and affective learning domains of respiratory care practice, as performed by registered respiratory therapists (RRT's). Upon graduation, you’ll be eligible to take the entry-level examination of the National Board for Respiratory Care to become a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy helping people in their time of need
- Enjoy problem solving
- Want the ability to work in a variety of places with patients of all ages
- Want to work in a profession with lots of variety
- Like technology and science
- Adult Critical Care Specialist
- Neonatal/Pediatric Specialist
- Pulmonary Function Technologist
- Sleep Disorders Specialist
- Sanford Health
- Avera Health
- Monument Health