The M.S. program is designed to prepare graduates to pursue an advanced degree program and to obtain employment in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, research institutions and regulatory agencies.
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or professional degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or a related field;
- Are curious about drug discovery and development;
- Enjoy research and scientific experimentation in a multidisciplinary field;
- Would like to complement the existing degree with knowledge and skills related to pharmaceutical sciences;
- Are already working in the pharmaceutical industry or a different industry and like to pursue an advanced degree for career growth.
The M.S. curriculum is stackable with the Ph.D. program in Pharmaceutical Sciences for students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. degree if selected.
Other programs you may also be interested in:
Learn more about the safe and affordable community that
you will call home while studying at South Dakota State!
Our department offers several opportunities to be involved in activities outside of classroom and research. Student involvement helps you meet people, both students and faculty, who can become your lifelong friends or future colleagues.