The M.S. program is designed to prepare graduates to pursue an advanced degree program and to obtain employment in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, research institutions and regulatory agencies.
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or professional degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or a related field;
- Are curious about drug discovery and development;
- Enjoy research and scientific experimentation in a multidisciplinary field;
- Would like to complement the existing degree with knowledge and skills related to pharmaceutical sciences;
- Are already working in the pharmaceutical industry or a different industry and like to pursue an advanced degree for career growth.
The M.S. curriculum is stackable with the Ph.D. program in Pharmaceutical Sciences for students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. degree if selected.
Learn more about the safe and affordable community that
you will call home while studying at South Dakota State!
Our department offers several opportunities to be involved in activities outside of classroom and research. Student involvement helps you meet people, both students and faculty, who can become your lifelong friends or future colleagues.
Student-Faculty Table Tennis Competition
Christmas Gift Exchange
Fun at Nature park
Conventions and Conferences within the University
AAPS Professional Development Workshop
Teaching Opportunities for Students
Celebrating Student Graduations
Annual Research Convocation
Student Professional Development Activities
For more information, contact:
College of Pharmacy & Allied Health Professions
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences