Oftentimes, an organization’s image is just as important as its product.
Public relations involves managing relationships between organizations and their stakeholders. The minor in Public Relations, available to all students, will equip students with the fundamental skills - writing, content production, public relations planning - that will help them become more attractive job candidates in their chosen fields. The course work provides a strong foundation in public relations with flexibility in elective course work to meet the needs of students pursuing a variety of careers.
- Advertising (B.A./B.S.)
- Agricultural Education, Communication & Leadership (B.S.) - Communication Specialization
- Agricultural Education, Communication & Leadership (B.S.) - Leadership Specialization
- Communication Studies (B.A./B.S.)
- Journalism (B.A./B.S.)
- Leadership & Management of Nonprofit Organizations (B.S.)
- Political Science (B.A./B.S.)
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.