Inspire future generations of agriculturalists.
Agriculture Education graduates are prepared for careers teaching agriculture, food and natural resources content. Graduates will qualify for a secondary teaching certificate and will also be prepared for a variety of careers in the agriculture industry.
Teaching agriculture and providing leadership for a local FFA chapter is a very rewarding and promising profession. A National shortage of agricultural educators, extending to many states across the country, means that numerous positions are available each year.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Interested in teaching agriculture and serving as an FFA Advisor
- Are involved in 4-H, FFA, or other agricultural activities
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills
- Want to make a positive difference in the lives of others and in the future of agriculture; Interested in mentoring or working with youth
- Have an interest in multiple aspects of agriculture
- High School Agricultural Education Teacher
- 4-H Youth Programs
- Extension Services
- Non-profit Organizations
- Ag Sales Representative
- SD, MN, and IA School Districts
- SDSU Extension
- SD Technical Institutes
- Central Valley Cooperative
- SDSU Extension and 4-H
- University of Minnesota Extension
- Pipestone National Monument
- Land O' Lakes
- New Fashion Pork
- Swine Sciences
- Agricultural and Environmental Law
- Animal Science
- Agricultural Business
Clubs and Organizations
- Collegiate FFA/Ag Education Club
- Agriculture Future of America (AFA)
- Collegiate 4-H
- Little International
- Block and Bridle
To learn more specific details about program requirements, view this program in the course catalog.
View the recommended academic plan.
Discover additional career development resources. FOCUS 2 is an online tool that will empower students to make informed decisions about their major, education and career. SDSU students may access it 24/7 and use it on an ongoing basis while at SDSU.