- Brookings Main Campus
Use the power of data to help business, government, and society make better decisions.
The Computational Science and Statistics Ph.D. program is designed to train students to integrate computational and statistical methodologies to formulate, model, analyze, and solve research problems of interest in a wide variety of applied and theoretical contexts. The Data Science Specialization will emphasize curriculum and research programs that prepare graduates to support local, regional, and national industry by analyzing large and complex datasets.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or master's degree in mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Have strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Are able to grasp the essence of complex situations
- Have good communication skills
- Want your quantitative skills to have an impact
- Data scientist
- Predictive analyst
- Financial/business analyst
- Risk analyst