Are you looking for a way to add a little fun to your fridge AND hold up artwork or important notes? Check out these Clothespin Farm Animal Magnets. These are easy to make with just a few items – many of which you might be able to find around the house.
Find a helpful how-to video below:
- Clothespin or Chip Clip (must be flat)
- Paper, Foam, or Felt
- Pig: pink
- Cow: white and black
- Wiggle Eyes (optional)
- Small Pink Two-Hole Buttons (optional)
- Using your clothespin as a stencil, trace the clothespin shape on your foam (or paper or felt) using a pen. For this step, I used pink for the pig and white for the cow.
- Cut your traced rectangles out with your scissors.
- Glue your rectangles on your clothespin. Follow glue directions to let things dry.
- It’s time to add faces and decorations!
- Glue your wiggle eyes (optional) to the end of the clothespin you pinch together. If you don’t have wiggle eyes, you can also cut eyes out of foam (or paper or felt) and glue them on.
- Glue your pink button (optional) under your eyes to act as a nose. If you don’t have buttons, you can also cut a nose out using your foam (or paper or felt).
- If you are making a cow, now is the time to add black spots! Cut them out of black foam (or paper or felt) and glue them on.
- Follow glue directions to allow all items from step 4 to dry.
- Glue the magnet on the back.
- Allow everything to dry for 24 hours before using.
Make-It Monday projects will be posted each Monday (except for holidays) throughout the museum closure for COVID-19. For a full list of previous projects, visit our Make-It Monday website.
Questions? Contact Sarah, the museum's education coordinator.