Leaders in the maintenance and restoration of oral health.
Dentists diagnose and treat problems with a patient’s teeth, gums, and related parts of the mouth. They provide advice and instruction on taking care of teeth and gums and on diet choices that affect oral health.
Dentists must be licensed in all states; requirements vary by state. To qualify for a license in most states, applicants must graduate from an accredited dental school and pass written and practical exams.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy lifelong learning
- Curiosity about life
- Critical thinking and enjoy solving problems
- Enjoy science and the scientific method
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dental office intern
- Health Communication
- Health Science
Professional Schools Admitting Graduates
- Creighton University (Omaha, NE)
- Marquette University School of Dentistry (Milwaukee, WI)
- University of Iowa - College of Dentistry (Iowa City, IA)
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) (Omaha, NE)
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.