Conservation Planning and Park Management is an interdisciplinary science that trains students to develop conservation strategies at landscape scales. This program will prepare students for careers in Park Management, Landscape Conservation Planning, Natural Areas Management, Land Use Planning, and as a Park Ranger, and Interpretive/Naturalist.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Like working with conservation minded people
- Like to be a steward of natural resources
- Consider yourself an advocate for the environment
- Interested in studying science
- Natural Area Manager
- Park Ranger
- Conservation and land use planner
- Refuge Manager
- Wilderness/backcountry/lodge manager
- New Program in 2017
- Rangeland Ecology and Management
- Geographic Information Sciences
- Data Science
Still deciding? Reflecting on your values, interests, personality traits, and skills will provide valuable insight as you explore major and career choices. FOCUS 2 CAREER, a self-guided assessment, education and career planning program, will help you do just that. SDSU students may access FOCUS 2 CAREER by using the code: jacks. After completing FOCUS 2 CAREER, you may find it helpful to discuss your results with a career coach in the Office of Career Development.