Mathematics can take the world almost anywhere!
The Computational Science and Statistics Ph.D. program is designed to train students to integrate computational and statistical methodologies to formulate, model, analyze, and solve research problems of interest in a wide variety of applied and theoretical contexts. The Mathematics Specialization will emphasize curriculum and research programs related to development of computational strategies for modeling and analysis that incorporates large and complex datasets.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate or master's degree in mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Have strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Are able to grasp the essence of complex situations
- Have good communication skills
- Want your quantitative skills to have an impact
- Computational Scientist
- Financial analyst
- Computer programmer
- Insurance, business, or financial consultant
- Business technology, research and product development