Cutting-edge science to feed and fuel the future.
Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering graduate students normally have as their goal a better understanding of the current theories, principles, issues, and problems in agricultural, environmental and biological systems. Graduate studies improve the student’s ability to think critically and creatively, and to synthesize, analyze, and integrate ideas for decision-making and problem solving. Undertake research and advanced study in specialization areas such as food and biomaterial processing, physical properties of biological materials, natural resource engineering, structures, indoor environment, waste management, and machine design.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate degree in Agricultural Engineering, or related engineering field
- Are curious about how things work
- Are comfortable with math and sciences
- Like the idea of inventing creative new solutions to real problems
- Are a problem solver and analytical thinker
- Designing and managing food production systems
- Designing ag equipment, animal production facilities and environmental control systems
- Protecting surface and ground water quality
- Developing and managing bioprocessing systems
- Designing natural resource management systems