Innovative and advanced systems engineering to feed and fuel the future.
Students who undertake this Ph.D. in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering graduate degree normally have as their goal a better understanding of the current theories, principles, issues, and problems in agricultural, biological, thermal, fluid, control, bulk materials storage/handling systems, animal systems, and mechanical systems. Graduate studies improve the student’s ability to think critically and creatively, and to synthesize, analyze, and integrate ideas for decision-making and problem solving.
This program offers students an opportunity to undertake research and advanced study in specialization areas such as:
- biorenewable energy and bioresource conversion technologies,
- engineering of advanced precision agriculture systems used in production agriculture,
- natural resources engineering for utilization and conservation of soil and water resources,
- advanced manufacturing and quality control technologies focused on composition, properties, and integrity of materials,
- advanced thermal-fluid systems,
- advanced composites,
- advanced animal systems
- bulk materials storage/handling systems and
- systems modeling.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate/master's degree in Agricultural Engineering or related engineering field
- Want to conduct research in the field
- Are a creative problem solver
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Agricultural and Biosystems engineer
- Scientist in a national laboratory
- Researcher in industrial research and development
- Engineering project manager
- Teacher or researcher at a university
- Design engineer
- Test engineer
- Manufacturing engineering
- Product engineer