Innovative and advanced biological science to feed and fuel the future.
The Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with a specialization in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering shares a common core with several other departments. Students who undertake graduate studies in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering normally have as their goal a better understanding of the current theories, principles, issues, and problems in agricultural and biological systems. Graduate studies improve the student’s ability to think critically and creatively, and to synthesize, analyze, and integrate ideas for decision-making and problem solving.
The department offers students an opportunity to undertake research and advanced study biological sciences with in relation to specialization areas such as food and biomaterial processing, physical properties of biological materials, natural resource engineering, structures, indoor environment, waste management and machine design.
Is it for you?
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an undergraduate/master degree in Agricultural Engineering or related engineering field
- Want to conduct research in the field
- Are a creative problem solver
- Work well independently and as part of a team
- Agricultural and Biosystems engineer
- Scientist in a national laboratory
- Researcher in industrial research and development
- Teacher or researcher at a university