Enhancing Human Potential
The College of Education and Human Sciences enhances human potential and well-being through the integration of:
- exemplary student-centered undergraduate and graduate education that prepares tomorrow’s professionals;
- discovery and scholarship that is nationally and internationally recognized for addressing human and community needs; and
- engagement with individuals, families, schools, and communities that transforms knowledge and discovery into meaningful impacts.
Graduates of the College of Education and Human Sciences transform the lives of people around the world every day. They work in diverse work settings which span the healthcare industry, education, business, government, and non-profit or community agencies.
Education and Human Sciences graduates include: teachers who provide leadership in their classrooms and communities; dietitians who counsel others to establish a healthy or specialized diet; financial counselors working with families to manage their resources; wellness professionals who work across the lifespan to promote good health practices for people of all ages; a pilot serving our country; a gerontology specialist working with the elderly, and a professional counselor supporting the development of others. These are but a few of the rewarding, and in-demand, careers that EHS graduates pursue. We have successful marketing professionals, business leaders, healthcare professionals, and educators across the nation who reflect our mission of enhancing human potential.
The college works to advance teaching, learning and scholarship through:
- Excellence in Teaching & Learning that is Integrated and Applied.
- Excellence in Research & Discovery that is Multi-disciplinary and Collaborative
- Excellence in Outreach & Engagement that is built on Reciprocal Relationships and Feedback with our community and state.