Enhancing Human Potential
It's an exciting time for the College of Education and Human Sciences and for everyone involved with it!
For our students, we offer a flexible Consumer Affairs degree, including courses in business, economics, and hospitality, and allow our Aviation students 20 percent more flying time. Our College boasts an 88 percent job-placement rate in our Counseling and Human Resource Development program and we host the Outdoor Learning Lab, which provides experiential learning for our Early Childhood Education majors.
EHS currently serves about 1,900 students with a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. We offer 19 different majors and 16 different minors and certifications within our College, which consists of the Schools of Education, Counseling and Human Resource Development and Health and Consumer Sciences.
Along with our College's several departments, we also operate within the West River Graduate Center. This center is a satellite facility in the beautiful Black Hills region of South Dakota that specializes in bringing graduate-level education and career-enhancement opportunities to nontraditional students and educational professionals.
Faculty and staff in EHS work to expand knowledge with outreach programs through SDSU Extension and by conducting research in fields such as financial security, mental well-being, human nutrition, physical activity and obesity prevention, and transformative learning. We work to offer sustainable solutions to issues such as health promotion, disease prevention, and education reform from a transdiciplinary stance.
In EHS we focus on enhancing human potential by centering on the improvement of human life and community through the promotion of mental, physical and financial health.
- Athletic Training: Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Exercise Science: Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Didactic Program in Dietetics: Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nutrition and Dietetics Internship: Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics
- All Education Undergraduate & Graduate Programs: National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Hospitality Management: Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration
- Aviation: Aviation Accreditation Board International
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Student Affairs Counseling: Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- School Counseling: Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Rehabilitation Counseling: Council on Rehabilitation Education
- Fishback Early Learning Center Lab School: National Association for Education of Young Children
- Physical Education Teacher Education: National Association for Sport and Physical Education