Avera Health & Science Center opened in July 2010 and features 97,000 square feet of teaching, laboratory and office space as well as 48,600 square feet of research laboratory space.
The Bailey Rotunda houses seven large, theater-style classrooms and a technology center to provide the latest in modern teaching techniques. Built in 1969 at the cost of $547,727.
Located near the southeast side of campus in Jackrabbit Grove. Each floor is complete with elevators, full-sized kitchens, a lounge with a fireplace, TV and cable. Each room is air conditioned, most with their own thermostat letting students control their own air temperature. Ben Reifel Hall has double rooms sized at 16-feet by 11-feet. There is a basement with a lounge, a TV, pool table and foosball for residents to use.
Ben Reifel is available to both first and second year students.
Named in honor of former University President Sherwood Berg, Berg Agricultural Hall houses the offices of the Dean of Agriculture, the Director of the Cooperative Extension Service, and the Director of the Agricultural Experiment Station. State 4-H offices are located here as well as Biology laboratories and classrooms.
Binnewies Hall is a co-ed residence hall on the east side of campus built in 1969. It is connected by Larson Commons to Young Hall. Binnewies houses 490 residents in its eight building wings.
Brown Hall is a co-ed residence hall located in the Grove area built in 1959. It houses 400 residents.
Caldwell Hall houses approx. 300 students and is used as a co-ed hall for second year students. Caldwell also has some specifically designed ADA rooms available for students with additional needs.
The Central Heating Plant heats about 85% of the buildings on campus.
The Chicoine Architecture, Mathematics and Engineering Hall is a part of the Jerome J. Lohr College of Engineering. Located on the southwest side of campus, the 62,000-square foot building has three floors.
The Communications Center is located on Campanile Avenue between Morrill Hall and Bailey Rotunda.