Brookings is located off of Interstate 29, approximately 55 miles north of Sioux Falls. With a population of just over 22,000, Brookings is the fourth largest city in South Dakota. It is home to several large companies, including Daktronics, Bel& Brands, Larson Manufacturing, 3M and Twin City Fan. The community offers a variety of attractions and entertainment. The Children's Museum of South Dakota provides a year-round interactive playground for kids to learn, while the Dakota Nature Park is home to several recreational activities throughout the year. Brookings is filled with plenty of restaurants and gathering places to bring friends together, including numerous museums and galleries.
There is always something to do in Brookings.
Comfort Suites Hotel - COMING SOON! A new 100 room Comfort Suites Hotel will add more lodging accommodations close to campus!
Days Inn & Convention Center - Enjoy comfort and relaxation while staying at the Days Inn of Brookings and check out the NEW upgrades and newly added Spash Zone Waterpark!
EconoLodge Inn & Suites - The NEW EconoLodge Inn & Suites (formally the Staurolite Inn) is a breathe of fresh air, featuring the 1429 Grill and new updates to the lobby, guest rooms, restaurant and meeting spaces.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites - Feel free to stay awhile in the recently updated Fairfield Inn & Suites.
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Located directly off I-29, the Hampton Inn excels in customer service satisfaction. Rest assured you'll be taken care of during your stay.
- >Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - A perfect destination for families or business meetings on the go.
- My Place - This new extended stay hotel offers all the great amenities from home at the lowest rate possible.
- Quality Inn - Conveniently located off of I-29, the Quality Inn offers everything you need for a great stay in Brookings.
- Sonshine Inn - Just a few blocks from historic Downtown Brookings, the Sonshine Inn staff is dedicated to making your stay memorable.
- Super 8 - With recently updated facilities and guest rooms, it’s no wonder the Super 8 was rewarded with the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- Brookings Convention and Visitors Bureau
- City of Brookings
- Downtown Brookings
- Brookings Chamber of Commerce
- Brookings Public School District
- Brookings County